2. Collection of Information
The Service collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through the Service’s technologies.
a. Information provided by you
The types of information the Service collects directly from you may include the following as well as any other information type that we expressly ask you to enter and submit to the Service:
– Contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone
– Username and password;
– Comments and feedback;
– Interests and communication preferences.
b. Information Collected Automatically
The Service automatically collects certain information regarding your use of the Service.
Example of information collected automatically include:
– Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
– Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version,
operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
– Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed on a Service;
– Location information for location-aware Services to provide you with more relevant content
for where you are in the world;
– Operation and system performance data of Redback products, and other products which operate with Redback product, connected to a Service (this includes running state of individual components, battery temperature, communication status, uptime);
– Information about your energy use and other electrical data, including usage, production,
state of charge of the battery and appliance use;
– Service use, including portal and application use.
We may use and disclose automatically collected information for any purpose, except where we are restricted by applicable law. If we combine any automatically collected information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information. We may also use aggregated information for any reasonable and necessary purpose, however, this information does not identify specific individuals and so is not personal information.
Redback Group and its service providers use technologies (like cookies and web beacons), for various purposes, including: facilitating the login process, administering, customizing and improving the Service, personalizing the browsing experience, advertising, promotions, surveys, reporting and third party holders, such as your electricity providers, as well as tracking and analysing user preferences and trends.
3. Use of Your Personal Data
We use the personal information collected through the Service to complete various actions:
– to provide, improve and develop the Service;
– to provide support;
– to respond to requests, inquiries, complaints or applications;
– to update you on relevant new services and benefits;
– to personalize the Service and to select content to be communicated to you or to use
features on the Service;
– to contact you regarding our products or services or other products and services from third
– to conduct website administration, such as technical support of our websites and computer systems;
– for data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Service, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, or in other ways to which you have expressly agreed in a customer agreement with us;
– to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
We may on occasion also match and combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
4. Sharing or Disclosing Your Personal Information
We share your personal information in the following ways:
– Affiliates. Your personal information may be accessible to all Redback Group affiliated companies worldwide for the purposes described in this policy.
– Service Providers. Your personal information may be accessible to our service providers and suppliers, which assist us with producing and delivering our products and services, operating our business and marketing, promotion and communications. These providers and suppliers include, for example, reviewers, customer support, installers and shipping agents.
– Sponsors, Business or Joint Venture partners. Your personal information may be accessible to our agents, representatives, sponsors and other entities for which we are acting as a joint venture or business partner.
– Other Third Parties: We may share personal information with other third parties if we expressly told you about such potential disclosure at the point at which you submitted the information to us.
– Compliance with Law and Similar Obligations. We may share personal information in order to: (i) respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (ii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (iii) enforce and protect the rights and properties of Redback Group or its affiliates; or (iv) protect the rights or personal safety of our employees and third parties on or using our property.
– Change in Corporate Circumstances. If Redback Group, the Service or related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company, your personal information may be disclosed to the prospective and actual purchasers.
5. Cross Border Transfer Data
Your personal information may be transferred to other countries for processing, support, storage and other necessary activities and by using the Service you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different personal data protection rules that in your country. If we transfer your information outside of Australia in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy continues to be protected in a manner which is consistent with Australian Policy.
6. Children’s privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Redback Groupdoes not target its websites or applications to children under 13.
7. Your Choices and Selecting your Privacy Preferences
You can manage available communications preferences by updating your account preferences, or where applicable, by using “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive. We reserve the right to notify you of changes and updates to the Service whenever necessary.
You may request that we do not disclose your personal information to other organisations for the purpose of direct marketing. You can also request us to disclose where we obtained your personal information from, if we did not directly collect the information from you (for example through a purchased list).
8. Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
You may request access to personal information about you that you have provided to us through the website or mobile platforms governed by this policy. You may also request to review and correct any of that personal information. Additional rights may also apply under applicable law.
The Service may allow registered users to access their registration information and make correction or updates. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about the users.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity. To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the Web page where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that Web page, or contact us at the address listed below in clause 11.
9. Data Security
We use a variety of data security measures intended to ensure confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
11. Contacting Us
iLab, Building 1014
Gate 5, 80-120 Meiers Road
Indooroopilly QLD 4068
Telephone: 1300 240 182
If you need to correct your personal information, please contact us on one of the above contact points.
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our parts.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Australian Information Commissioner.Director of Complaints, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001.Telephone: 1300 363 992 Facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
The effective date of this policy is 2 August 2016.