Redback Technologies is pleased to be part of the ACT government’s current Next Generation Energy Storage (Next Gen) program.
This program offers rebates on battery installations for residential and business premises across the ACT, aiming to subsidise the installation of batteries for roughly 5,000 homes and small businesses by offering $825 per kilowatt (kW) of Sustain Peak Output (SPO).
While the subsidy varies depending on the batteries’ output capacity, it is capped at a maximum of 30kW or $24,750 for residential properties and 50kW for $41,250 for businesses.
How much can you save with a Redback system?
The ACT rebates are calculated by the amount of power that the battery can continuously produce when in use. Based on the current rebate of $825 per kilowatt (kW) of Sustain Peak Output (SPO), your potential savings with a Redback System could be:
- Up to $3,712 with a Smart Battery System
- Up to $3,795 with a Smart Hybrid System
- Up to $8,250 with a Smart 3-Phase Hybrid System
The rebate amount will be dependent on the total number of batteries installed with your system.
To receive the rebate, you must meet the following 5 criteria:
1. Be connecting a new system that has not already been supported by the Next Gen program
2. Be connected to the grid (off-grid installations are not eligible)
3. System must also include solar panels (pre-existing or installed with the solar battery)*
4. Include a new or existing inverter that meets the Next Gen requirements.*
5. Be installed by an approved system provider.
To find out more about the scheme visit the ACT’s Next Gen Battery Storage page and the Australian Government’s Energy.gov.au.
ACT’s zero-interest loans
ACT’s Sustainable Household Scheme provides to zero-interest loans of between $2,000 to $15,000 to support eligible ACT households to help with the upfront costs of investing in energy efficient home upgrades.
The Scheme can finance a range of products that will reduce household emissions including rooftop solar panels, household battery storage, and efficient electric appliances.
The scheme is open to new applications for 5 years from May 2021. You can find more information at the ACT Smart website.