Before going to site | COVID-19
We strongly encourage you to put practices in place to protect your customers and your team. We wish for all our installers and customers to stay safe and healthy at this time. Please view our recommendations below.
- Nominate COVID-19 warden or a few depending on working conditions. Warden’s will measure all employee’s temperature when arriving to work and before going to site. Anyone above 38 degrees needs to be sent home immediately to self-isolate.
- COVID-19 wardens should ensure that cars and equipment have been sanitised before and after use.
- Company cars should not be used privately any longer or need to be sanitised and approved by a COVID-19 warden in the morning before going to job.
- Tools should be sanitised daily and assigned to ONE person (if possible).
- Regularly wash your hands frequently with soap and water, including before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and wash your hands. Keep hand sanitiser on you if you can’t access a sink.
- Avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people)
- Regularly sanitise workstations with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Limit all contact, including car-sharing between staff who are not working together daily.
- Have the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for you and your team.
- Work in smaller teams within your business and avoid mixing those teams to prevent spreading the virus.
- Common areas and rest rooms need to sanitise three times a day.
- Warehouse staff, office staff and field staff should not mix.
- Ask all customer-facing staff to keep a clean, tidy and professional appearance – if employees look unmaintained, customers may think these people are a risk.
Keeping your customers safe
- Utilise digital applications like Skype, Microsoft Teams and Google Earth to conduct the initial consultation. Ask the homeowner to assist by taking photos of their property.
- Call your customer ahead of install to establish the COVID-19 status in the household. Is anyone experiencing symptoms has anyone tested positive? If so, postpone the install by a minimum of 14 days.
- Present a safe site management plan that includes a digital hand over. Redback’s innovative technology can assist here – installers can check the system is working via our Redback Portal and the RedbackINSTALL app. And homeowners can check their system is working via our MYRedback app.
- Wear a face mask and gloves when working on-site.
- Wash your hands before and after visiting the property.
- Clean your area as you go. Wipe down all hard surfaces you’re working around with antibacterial wipes.
Instill confidence in your customers by providing a ‘COVID-19 Safe Certificate’ once the job is complete to confirm that the site has been properly handled. You can create these yourself and send them via email.
- Be smart and practise common sense. We’re in this together!
More information for employers can be found on the COVID-19 Australian Government Department of Health website.
We also reccomend checking out the World Health Organisation website for the most up-to-date, accruate information.